Tuesday, January 3, 2012

STL: Belated Holiday House Tour

For my first girls weekend away from the babies (14 and a half months after having them), I got on a plane to visit my BFF in St. Louis!  She had an amazing jam-packed weekend planned for us to relax, catch up, and see the city!  I was surprised to see a lot of the same style architecture as there is in Richmond, just on a larger scale.

One of the many things she planned was the Lafayette Square Holiday House Tour.  We were able to walk around Lafayette Square with our map and pick which houses we wanted to tour.  The first house we chose was the home of an artist!


I LOVE the bird cage decor hanging in the front living room.



I think I will make these ornaments next year with our family members' names on them.  So sweet.


The only other house I photographed (that we were dying over), is a friend of Judy's who actually used to live in Richmond.  She has impeccable taste, amazing fixtures (of course I would be taking note of plumbing and lighting fixtures during a holiday tour), and a BEAUTIFULLY decorated home.  


Kitchen hutch with cookbooks organized by color.  Gotta love ROYGBIV.


Large plantation shutter doors as decor flanking a small table - love the drama


How could I not photograph this eye-catching chandelier?  It was such a work of art! 


Holiday candy in hurricane globes - always a fave


I don't think I will ever get sick of a copper farm sink and bridge faucet.  In case you are wondering, the sink is Stone Forest and the faucet is ShowHouse by Moen.


Perfect place for a chalkboard door - the pantry.  I couldn't help but snap a pic of the "Go Hokies!"


The greenery centerpiece is perfection.

Next year, I plan to visit Richmond's tour - did you snoop around anyone's home this year for decorating ideas?  

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Gorgeous. Even though it's not my usual style, that chandelier is INCREDIBLE!

    ReplyDelete