What you will need:
- A French book (I scored one at a book consignment shop for 5.00 but justified the cost because I can use it to make twenty of them if I so choose)
- A letter shaped ornament (Target, 2.00)
- Mod-Podge (already owned)
- Ribbon (already owned)
- Paintbrush to apply Mod-Podge (already owned)
- Sheet of white cardstock (already owned)
What I did:
- Trace the foam letter twice on white cardstock
- Glue the white cardstock to each side of the letter to make the base of it white. This is probably not necessary if you use a white or wood base letter.
- Rip a few pages out of the book. Rip off the side, top and bottom margins and discard.
- Tear the margin-less page into thin long strips to wrap the ornament with.
- Generously apply the Mod-Podge to one side of the strips and begin wrapping the ornament. Layer all the way around the ornament.
- Adorn with a ribbon as a finishing touch. You can either tie it in or poke holes in the ornament and thread through.
I think these would be fab over a wine bottle as a hostess gift, or even just hanging on a door knob in your home. They were very easy - or should I say, tres facile?