Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Harrison's Crib


Welcome to our newest addition's crib!  We welcomed Harrison Jude to the world on February 25 and I am finally getting around to sharing his nursery.  Although we have yet to really use it, it is my favorite room in the house.


Jeremy designed and installed the board and batten treatment on the walls back in the fall.  They are painted a light grey with a navy accent on the above walls.  I found a small tufted chair at a local thrift store and had it reupholstered with new padding and fabric and painted the wooden frame a darker grey.  The side table was a project I dreamt of during my nesting phase in the last trimester of pregnancy.  Thankfully, my husband is fabulously talented and can whip up something from a sketch!


The dresser is my favorite part.  It is a vintage piece I scored about 6 years ago at an antique store in Farmville, VA with intentions of turning it into a vanity.  I decided not to last minute and thankfully hung onto it for later use!  Jeremy sanded and painted the frame a bright neon green.  The chrome cargo style hardware was installed to bring a more masculine definition to a curvy piece of furniture.  You can see the wood grain detail better in a picture below.


In honor of my pilot brother, who flies a C-17 for the USAF, we scored a 63" wide vinyl sticker of one on EBay.  We then stained a hodge-podge piece of wood to give it a vintage vibe and then trimmed it out with a darker stained and polyed frame as a finishing touch.  This fabulous piece of artwork cost us less than $50 and serves as a main focal point in the room.









Two week old Harrison in his nursery


*some pictures by me, the better ones I credit to Ginny O. Photography


1 comment: