Saturday, October 8, 2011

Barnyard Bash: Olivia & Grayson's First Birthday

The months leading up to my babies' first birthday had my head swimming with ideas on how to make it special for both of them and their little friends.  The theme I decided to go with was "Barnyard Bash," and seeing as we live on a farm, I found it extremely appropriate!  The kids LOVE animals, so we hired a petting zoo for all of the kiddos to enjoy.  I know what you are thinking, that they won't even remember this and why put so much effort into a first birthday party?  Because I love them and I can't help myself!  I wanted to throw a party they would enjoy and that would be all about the kids having fun!  So, welcome to our Barnyard Bash and our babies' first birthday party!

The tractor was Jeremy's great-uncle's who sadly passed away this year.  It was in our front yard for the kids to have their picture taken on and was the perfect touch to honor Uncle Cy.




I hand made all of the decorations "scrap-book style" for more of a vintage look.  Most everything coordinated with a deep red, sky blue, sunny yellow, lime green, and chocolate brown color theme.  Yes, I realize these are a lot of colors - but hey, it's for the kids! 


The dessert table was AH-MAZING.  Fall colored candies such as Twizzlers, Juicy Pear Jelly Bellies, candy corn, and M&M's served as eye candy (pun intended) and sweet snacks.  






 We had amazingly delicious pumpkin spice and strawberry marble cupcakes made by Sweet Temptations.  She also made the babies' smash cakes (also strawberry marble cake with buttercream icing), which resembled little hay stacks with chickens adorning the top of the hay pile.



These chic (vanilla) and piggie (red velvet) cake pops were the hit of the party!  They better have been after we stayed up until 1 am the night before making them!


For party favors, I made each child a chocolate tractor pop and stuck it in the middle of a small clay pot full of candy corn!  I figured even if the child was too young for all the sugar, the mom could enjoy it!




For extra seating, we set up three tables in the backyard.  Unfortunately, most people still gathered in the kitchen, but at least I had the cute centerpieces ready to go!



We served all of the food buffet style - one side for the adults and one side for the kids.  I couldn't help but make cute labels for the kiddies.  The water bottles (with Olivia and Grayson Birthday labels) and organic lemonade were iced in steel and copper tubs in the kitchen.






 

The best part was seeing how excited all of the kids were for the pony rides and petting zoo!  My two loved the animals and squealed in excitement over the baby goat licking their hands.






And of course, I had to squeeze in some sweet family pics in front of the tractor!



And lastly, my sweet babies enjoying their first birthday cake.  Life is so good.




Have you thrown any great parties lately?  Let's hear about the decor!

7 comments:

  1. Hey! I just found your blog today. I'm also a mom of twins! This looks like a fabulous party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much - I am going to check out your blog as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love...all these pics make me feel like I was there. Everything was perfect, you thought of every detail. So creative and so happy you got to throw a party for the sweet sweet Babies and express all these ideas. Xoxoxoxo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Words cannot begin to express how precious these pictures are and how precious your family is! Love all that you planned and created to make their day so extra special!
    Now will you please stop fertilizing these babes they are getting way too big, too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great Jessica! You did such an amazing job with everything! I loved your banners you made, they looked fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessica...I just came across your blog today, not even sure what brought me here! But I too have boy/girl twins that just celebrated their first birthday last week!! We had a Cowboy and Cowgirl Western Birthday Party! Your party looks like it was so much fun!! I love all the little details...lots of thought went into your party!! I just posted a "sneak peek" of our party...I would love for you to go check it out!! www.vintagemommaandhertwins.blogspot.com

    Vintage Momma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Truly, this birthday bash was just blasting!! I adored these party photos. My nephew’s birthday was in last week and it was celebrated at some popular garden themed party Venues in NYC. What a beautifully awesome cake he got! It was made by his mom and was really tasty.

    ReplyDelete