Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Bravo, Bravo!

I have absolutely loved watching the first season of Million Dollar Decorators.  I am always down for watching designs come together with unlimited budgets, defined style, and sarcastic designers to add a bit of sass.  What good is a reality show without a little humor?




I am having trouble deciding who my favorite designer is.  I love Mary's bold quips - reminds me a bit of my girl, Bethenny Frankel.  But, I also love the dramatic English accent and over-the-top "decadent" style of Martyn Lawrence Bullard.



This week's episode featured a couple of the designers hunting for things in antique stores in England.  I am a huge fan of the quality, feel, and stories behind antique pieces, but I didn't always feel this way.  When I was young, my grandmother would pay me twenty dollars to not complain while tagging along with herself, my mom, and my aunt while antiquing our way through Virginia and Pennsylvania.  She would be so proud that now I am the one inviting my mom to go.

One of my favorite places outside of Richmond to hit up is Through the Garden Gate.  They have an awesome mix of authentic antiques and shabby chic pieces that have been revamped.  I love to pop in and get ideas for my mantle or small DIY projects.  They have very reasonably priced pieces that serve as great birthday presents, too!  

 Mantle display at Through the Garden Gate

On a more worldly scale, if you happen to be in England this fall and want to shop around where the Million Dollar Decorators score their finest pieces, check out the Decorative Antiques & Textiles Fair.  I would LOVE to make it there one day!


Do you have a favorite designer on the show or spot you frequent in search of antiques?  Do tell!  Don't forget about Bravo's Flipping Out, tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment