Monday, June 20, 2011

Library Design - Provo, UT

A dear, sweet friend of mine (who has moved all over the country but has now settled in Utah) needed help with her library.  She wanted it to be kid friendly, incorporate a super cute pair of chairs she just purchased, and the color red.  We have been friends since we were twelve years old and have pounded many miles of pavement running together over the years, so I know her style pretty well.  Although she is usually more traditional, we decided to step outside of the box, throw in punches of modern and vibrant colors, and tie together a soft blue and brighter red.  This library will serve as a casual chic space for relaxing, reading, and family time!


Here is the game plan below...  




She is currently in the home stretch of putting the finishing touches on the room.  I am so excited to see the final product!  I will share the "before and after" pics once it is complete!

3 comments:

  1. I love that you say I'm on the HOME STRETCH! It's been a LONG time coming! Now I just have to wait for the furniture to arrive! My favorite so far? The paint color. it's PERFECT! Calming, serene and just the right punch of color to make it feel like mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it!!! All the patterns and bright colors!! Great job, such good taste!! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so talented!!!!! Where did you find the vintage keys? I want them!!!!!

    ReplyDelete