Thursday, May 1, 2014

Shall We Dine?

Traditionally, the dining room is usually reserved as a more formal room in the house, at least in the South.  When we built the house, it was one of the first rooms we furnished because we love to have friends over.  We wanted anything but formal because we wanted it to fit within our lifestyle and it was extremely important for every room to be functional.  Most of the furniture you see is from Ethan Allen.  We went with a Farmhouse style table and then more traditional fabrics on the chairs to dress it up a bit.  You will find us hosting children's cookie decorating parties, celebrating birthdays, and possibly even the boys riding their tricycles through here!



Recently, we repainted this room to more of a greige instead of the darker and brighter green it originally was painted.  I could not love this color more.  The window panels are custom made to puddle on the floor and in a more modern fabric to keep it casual.





I usually decorate seasonally or according to whatever we are hosting on the buffet, but kept it clean for this picture.


Initially, I had a simple wrought iron chandelier installed over the dining room table, but was never in love with it.  After a few years of living with it, we had an electrician close the box and install two new boxes to hang these open styled lanterns from.  I figured they were timeless in a house like ours on a farm.


The oversized candle sconces are from Pottery Barn.



The corner china cabinet was my grandmothers and houses all of our wedding china.  I have been wracking my brain for about 10 years on how I should redo it.  I want to absolutely be sure of the changes before I repaint, wallpaper, or restain it, so I have not touched it yet!  It's pretty low on the priority list right now.

And there you have it, our dining room!

No comments:

Post a Comment